Monday, December 28, 2009

The Sewing Party: Part I



I got a sewi
ng machine for my birthday and I haven't put it down since! When my friend Mary came into town we decided to have a sewing party! So today we went to the fabric store and picked up some supplies and spent the whole day sewing. I took a sewing class and learned how to make some pretty cute things, so I told Mary I would teach her how to make the skirt that I learned how to make. By the end of the day we both had brand new skirts! I can't wait to wear it on Sunday! We plan on continuing the sewing party on Wednesday to make another skirt and a bag and then we're going to LA on Saturday to pick up some more fabric to have another sewing party before she leaves. I can't wait to pick up new fabric! I have one piece left that I will probably use to make ANOTHER skirt tomorrow. The main reason why I took that sewing class was to learn how to make a skirt that I can make in all types of fabric so that I can have cute stuff to wear to church on Sundays. I think in LA I will pick up some more cotton fabric and some stretch knits to make some dresses! Sewing is my new favorite! On Thursday McCall's patterns are on sale for $0.99! Time to stock up!

Here is a picture of the first skirt I made, I didn't style it that well in that picture, since that picture was taken I have gotten much cuter belts. On Sunday I wore it with a brown and cream striped belt with a leather front, a white top, and a mustard sweater, MUCH cuter ha ha. I just feel like I have to tell you that so you know that it really is a cute skirt, even though the picture doesn't do it justice.


No comments: