Friday, July 12, 2013

Playing Catch-up: Honeymoon Part II




Our next stop was West Palm Beach, Singer Island! It was so beautiful. The drive down alone was gorgeous! Then when we got onto the island, I felt like I was in another country. The weather was PERFECT! And the ocean waster was so warm. I could've played in it all day. It was so weird to be in warm ocean water. I loved it.

Our first stop on Singer Island was an Animal Sanctuary, I had read about it online and called to make sure we had tickets to take a tour. We also signed up to pet the BABY TIGER!! It's been my dream in life to pet a baby cub!!!! And it happened on this trip.

The sanctuary had a Liger! 
LOOK AT THAT BELLY!!!!!! I was dying!!!!!!!
I LOVE THIS BABY TIGER!!!!


I was very brave, I picked up all the animals they would let me pick up!


 Our next couple days were spent on the beach, touring the Flagler Museum, and hitting up Miami Beach!

We got so tan! Then it was off to the Flagler Museum - also known as Whitehall. It's a 55 room mansion built in 1902 by Henry Flagler, one of the founders of Standard Oil. It was built for his third wife as a wedding present, and they would travel there in the winter. It was beautiful. I wanted to live there really bad. Although, if I believed in ghost, I would think it was definitely haunted. 

I was obsessed with the ceilings. 
The breakfast room. I wanted to live here.
freaky!
the 1900's brought about matching fabric to wallpaper. The Flagler's really took advantage of that technology. 
My favorite part was the outside. I could sit there and look at the views all day ...
Danny's favorite part was this guy ....


After the Flagler Museum we were off to Miami Beach!!

No comments: