Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Jenny's Shower and Valentine's Day


My sister in law got married this year and it was so beautiful! My other sister in laws threw her shower and asked me to make the invitations and the decor, two of my most favorite things! We went with a very cute pink and coral invitations that had a bunch of little umbrellas on it. It was the perfect inspiration for the decor. The color pallet was taken from the invite. I was sick of making the tissue paper garlands and giant balloon tassels I make for everything, so I thought I'd spice it up and gather some other ideas. I hit the web! I went online and googled shower ideas and found so much inspiration. From that, came the following ...

Paper Dot Chandelier:
I used 250 one inch paper dots in four colors and
150 two inch paper dots in four colors.

I then strung them on bakers twine in different lenghts, and tied them onto a 12 inch embroider loom.
The embroidery loom is divided into 8 sections with four pieces of bakers twine. I alternated sections with 2 inch circles and 1 inch circles.

Using two different sizes of circles makes a big difference in my opinion because it adds another level of depth. Instead of having just one size all the way around, you get the illusion of many different sizes. I hate anything that is TOO uniform, I like a more wonky look.



Tissue Paper Mural:
I used 6 pieces of tissue paper per flower. 
And made about three different sizes of flower poms.
I then grabbed some thick floral wire and created the shape in which I wanted my flowers flow.
I then hot glued the flowers onto the wire, the flowers only need to be open on one side, so the other side is flush and can be hot glued easily. You create the shape as you go.

This piece was going over a mantel, so I had to make sure it was the right size. It ended up working out great!


In order to add a little more color into the room I decided to make these little banners.
I just got paper and felt and cut them into strips, then ran them through my sewing machine. 
The more colors and textures you have, the better, in my opinion.
I even added some glitter and metallic paper!

 The end result was fabulous!


This is my sister in law, Jill's, home. Isn't it fabulous!?


 I was really happy with the color scheme of Jenny's bridal shower decor because Valentine's Day was just around the corner, so I was able to reuse a lot of the decor around my house for Valentine's Day!

I made this felt banner earlier in the month. I used Red and White felt, cut the letters out on printer paper and then pinned them to the felt as I cut it out. I then used embroidery thread to sew the letters onto the triangle, and then ran a blanket stitch all the way around the triangles. It was a lot of work, but it's a banner that I will be able to have for forever, and ever!



Happy Crafting!!




No comments: