Saturday, May 28, 2011

Bridesmaids


My friend Lauren asked me to be a bridesmaid at her wedding in June! She said she wanted an eclectic mix of dresses.  Besides a couple of colors she told us to stay away from, we can wear whatever we want! I decided that I was going to make my dress, so I took some fabric that I had lying around and made a rough draft of the dress I was thinking of wearing! My rough draft came out pretty good! It needs to be a bit longer (I didn't have that much fabric) and I need to get/make a blazer or cover up to go with it, but I think it's pretty cute! I wanted to make the final version in yellow, but then I found out that two other bridesmaids plan on wearing yellow, and in order to give Lauren that fun, eclectic feel we can't all be in the same color! So, now I am thinking of making it in a light blue floral print that I bought at Jo-Ann's today. There's BIG Memorial Day sale going on right now there by the way. I got some AMAZING fabrics and patterns. So go stock up!!



No comments: