Thursday, February 2, 2012

Color Blocking Take Two:

Since I couldn't find navy blue rayon at the fabric store, I took some navy blue knit that I had and made  the same color blocked skirt in a navy blue jersey knit. I used my serger and put an elastic waistband since I was making it on a knit fabric. It took me FOREVER! I thought it would be easy peasy since I had made jersey knit skirts before on the serger, but for some reason this skirt sucked the life out of me! Maybe I got too ambitions trying to add pleats on the waistband as well as gathers, whatever the reason, this skirt took me 4 hours to make! While the rayon one took me an hour and a half, and that's with an invisible zipper! 
I am just happy I don't ever have to make this skirt on knit again!

Anthropologie's skirt ...

Picture from Anthropologie

My skirt ...


No comments: