Sunday, July 14, 2013

Father's Day at the Getty

Everyone thought it was weird that we took a picture in front of this statue, but my dad LOVES this artist,  Rene Magritte, and he wanted to take a picture here. So we took a picture here. It's art, and I didn't think anything of it! 

I grew up going to museums and watching Woody Allen movies. 

Both of those are thanks to my dad. My dad is an architect, he is a very talented artist and a man of incredible taste. He loves going to museums. Any kind of museum. I think he loves them mainly because they tend to be beautiful buildings. 

When I was younger my dad took me on a 24 hour trip to New York City, I was 18 and stupid. I wanted to shop! He wanted to look at all the buildings and go to museums. Since he loves me and has always given me my way (hence why I am kind of brat :) We went shopping and ice-skating at Rockefeller Center. I regret it! (We also went to the top of the Empire State Building, which I do not regret) When we went to New York there weren't any H&M's in California yet, so I just HAD to pop in and go shopping, now they are everywhere but there is still no Guggenheim or MET here. I hope one day I can go back to New York with my papa and he can take me to all the spots he wants to go. I would love those spots so much more than any store New York City could offer me. 

Here is a picture from our trip ...


Every year for Father's Day we ask my dad where he wants to go, every year he wants to go to a museum. This year it was the Getty. I love him so much, he has taught me more than he will ever know. He is such a wonderful example to me on how to love, how to nurture, and how to tell a joke :) He sacrificed everything for his children, including leaving his entire family and life in Argentina to come over here and strive for a better life for us. He has never let us want for anything, even if he didn't have the money he would say, "todo llega." Translated to, "everything arrives." He has given us everything, and I hope to be able to do the same for my child (or cat) one day. I am the luckiest girl in the world to have a dad like him. I love you Jorge! 

It really is the most beautiful building.
The views are amazing.

We took the architecture tour while we were there because my dad really wanted to do that, then we went to the Overdrive Exhibit (which was amazing, I highly recommend it), but I snuck away for a few minutes to check out the art. I was dying to see the Van Gogh's and Monet's. 


My favorite part. I coordinated my outfit specifically for this. I love Van Gogh. 

No comments: